When the idea of a Daddy Daughter Dance was brought up, I said to myself, “Wow, that is a great idea. We have never done it before, but let’s do it. It will bring families closer together.” There were 72 dads that signed up along with 87 daughters, representing all congregations. Instructions were given to all the dads before their special date with their daughter(s). It was going to be a night that the daughter would remember for the rest of her life. For many, it was their first date ever with their dad.
The dads and their daughters dressed up, and the dads modeled how gentlemen should act on a date. Each couple entered the church on a balloon-flanked pink “carpet”, and each dad presented his daughter with a wrist corsage. The
carpet led first to a photo booth for a professional photo, then to the balloon-arched entrance to the chapel. They entered a wonderfully-decorated fellowship room with large tissue poms, lights, even a mirror ball, and a lavish dessert spread. It was a fun-filled evening of dancing, laughing, talking, eating, and playing games. The girls really enjoyed cheering for their dads during the limbo contest. There was such great joy and happiness. It was an evening to be cherished by both dads and daughters, hopefully to be the beginning of many dates that dads would have with their daughters.
This wonderful event not only bonded families closer together, but it also bonded the church closer together. The planning committee consisted of members from all congregations. It was a united effort with scores of people
participating. There was a special buzz in the air as twenty ladies gathered together in the conference room making decoration and wrist corsages. The ladies were laughing and fellowshipping as they worked together. May we continue to serve together!
By God’s grace, we kick-off our first ever “Missions Month” at HCC! With the theme “On Mission with Our Global God,” we pray this will be a month where God not only convicts us of His heart for the unreached but also clarifies how He intends to use each believer in carrying out the task of missions. We invite you to check out and participate in the events listed below so you can learn about, deepen and live out the Great Commission, which is the heartbeat of God. There will also be different testimonials from missionaries during all of our worship services and missions
- Adopt an HCC Missionary: To support and encourage our missionaries, we are putting together care packages with gifts and messages. We encourage small groups, fellowships or Sunday school classes to “adopt” a missionary family and donate items towards their package. Visit our booth after service on February 8 and 15 to find out more information and sign up. Deadline to sign up is February 15, and deadline for donating items is March 15th. Contact Tilly Leung (email@example.com) or Laura Jin (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
- Concert of Prayer: Join us in the sanctuary on February 21 from 8-9:30pm as we lift up our missionaries and Christian workers in prayer and worship our God in song for His missionary heart and work.
- Missions Organizations Fair: On February 22, a number of missions-oriented organizations and representatives will be at HCC.
- Cross for the Nations Simulcast: A live-streaming event on February 27 aimed at highlighting the importance of reaching the unreached.
- Sunday School: Stay after service to delve more deeply into specific missions topics.
HCC’s Missions Department and Website: Interested in missions or want to know more about missions? Want to help our church be more missions-oriented? Contact the Missions Department at email@example.com for more information, including opportunities to join and serve! Scan the QR code to access our new web page on specific ways you can participate in God’s mission! (http://hcchome.org/serving/missions/participate/)