Dear HCC members,
HCC is aware of the presumptive positive cases of COVID-19 in Houston. The safety of our members are always the top priority and we will continue to monitor and take the guidance of the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health officials.
If you have recently travelled out of USA, especially the following countries: China, South Korea, Italy, Japan, Hong Kong and Iran, we ask you to:
- Self-quarantine at home for 14 days.
- Inform the Houston Health Department of your recent travel for monitoring at (832)393-5080.
- Seek medical treatment as soon as possible if any symptoms develop.
Regardless of your recent travel, if you have a fever or any flu-like symptoms, seek medical attention as needed and please rest up and refrain from attending church or any other public events until you are well.
These are the actions that will be taken now- temporary measures that will be reversed once new cases of COVID-19 in the Greater Houston area are well past the peak and it is deemed wise and safe to return to our usual routines:
- We will encourage pastors not to shake hands at the end of services.
- We will no longer pass the bags for offertory during services. Please use the offering drop box or give online: you can go https://hcchome.org/en/paypal-giving-fund/
- We will provide hand sanitizer throughout the church for you and your family to readily use.
- We will adjust the way we conduct the Communion service so that the elements are not passed from person to person.
- Sunday lunch will be cancelled until further notice.
We follow the recommendations of local and federal health authorities in order to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus, the flu, as well as other upper respiratory viruses. Some of the recommendations include these prevention tips:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching the face including the eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay home.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then dispose of it.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Get plenty of rest.
Do not fear and continue gathering as you normally would if you are healthy. Let us not overreact. As children of God, we should exercise proper precautions but also walk in faith in God’s protection. We live in the peace of God and we do not contribute to a spirit of panic.
Let us pray for God’s mercy, protection, and peace during this time. Pray for Christ-believers’ witness during this time. Pray for wisdom as we monitor the situation and discern misinformation that spreads panic.
We will be sharing updated and important information through our website. Please keep our church, community, city, nation and world in your prayers during this time of uncertainty and concern.
In God’s Grace,
Pastor Fred Tow