Why We Exist
Houston Chinese Church exists to make God-loving and compassionate disciples of Jesus Christ among all nations.
To this end, we commit ourselves to: God-exalting worship, Bible-centered teaching, Servant-minded caring, Spirit-led service, and Mission-driven outreach.
What We Believe
- God is self-existent, creator of heaven and earth, and of all mankind. He is the only true God-Father, Son and Holy Spirit, three in one.
- Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, the Word incarnate, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary. He was crucified and died on the cross to atone for the sins of Man. He was resurrected, ascended into Heaven, and is the mediator between God and Man.
- The Holy Spirit is Comforter to the believers. He convicts people of sin and leads them to repentance. He abides forever with believers, leads them into the truth, and sanctifies them.
- The Bible, consisting of sixty-six books, is inspired by God. It is the perfect truth, it changes not, and is the sole basis for doctrine and deed.
- Man is created by God according to His image, and is depraved because of sin. Man must be born again by the Holy Spirit through faith in Jesus Christ unto salvation and remission of sin in order to enter into the kingdom of God.
- The Church is the body of Christ, who is its head. The Church is the family of God, consisting of all born again Christians.
- Jesus Christ shall come again to establish the eternal kingdom. On the last day, all men shall be resurrected, the believer resurrected unto eternal life, the unbeliever resurrected unto eternal destruction.