This guide aims to equip families, couples, and singles to conduct home worship on the Lord’s Day. Home worship cannot replace the God-ordained purpose and power of corporate worship as the church, but during this time of crisis, we hope it will be used by God to encourage believers and equip husbands, fathers, and spiritual heads to lead their family in worship.
Who should participate in home worship?
We encourage families with children of all ages to participate. We recommend conducting home worship on Sundays at 9:15am (~1 hour). It is advisable for all family members to still wake up at a reasonable hour, change out of their pajamas, eat breakfast, and then gather in the living room.
For singles, we encourage you to connect with a small group of friends over a video-conferencing platform and conduct home worship together.
Who should lead home worship?
In accordance with the pattern set in Scripture, we encourage believing husbands/fathers to lead their families in home worship. In instances where there is not a father in the home or the father is not a Christian, the mother will need to assume this role. Among smaller non-family gatherings, the group can assign the task to conduct the home worship to any believing member. If you are not in a group, the following guide can still be utilized for personal devotion.
What resources are available to help children join home worship?
Here are resources to help your children (who are able to read) follow along with the order of service:
- Worship with Parents Notes generic notes page for kids to use when joining parents during Worship at Home.
- Responsive Readings, Song Lyrics, Sermon Notes, etc. for kids to use at Outdoor Service
Which language should we use to conduct home worship?
Each family should decide which language is most suitable for all family members. Mandarin and Cantonese worship guides are available.
How can I give during this temporary suspension of services?
Offerings and donations can be given online through HCC’s PayPal Giving Fund. We encourage members to stay the course of faithful generosity to the Lord and the ministry of his church.
Sunday, April 11, 2021 | 9:15am
Special Word to Members
Call to Worship
Leader invites someone to read aloud
Leader then prays for God to prepare everyone’s heart for worship
Reading of Scripture
Leader (L): As we respond to the call to worship, we begin by identifying he whom we worship. So let us read together Ephesians 1:3-12 and exalt Christ our Lord, the object of our worship.
- L+A: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.
- In love he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.
- In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.
- In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory.
Worship in Song
Be Thou My Vision | Song Lyrics
Confession of Sin
- Leader (L): Let us confess our sins to the Lord, the faithful God, who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations.
- L + All: Most merciful God, we confess that we have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what we have done, and by what we have left undone. We have not loved you with our whole heart; We have not loved our neighbors as ourselves. We are truly sorry and we humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on us and forgive us; that we may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.
Assurance of Pardon
[Leader invites one person to read aloud]
Worship in Song
Good Good Father | Song Lyrics
[For Outdoor Worshippers: Facebook Live Stream of Outdoor Baptisms]
Responsive Reading (Deuteronomy 7:6-13)
Leader (L): For you are a people holy to the LORD your God.
All (A): The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession, out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.
L: It was not because you were more in number than any other people that the LORD set his love on you and chose you, for you were the fewest of all peoples.
- A: But it is because the LORD loves you and is keeping the oath that he swore to your fathers.
L: Know therefore that the LORD your God is God,
A: The faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations,
L: And repays to their face those who hate him, by destroying them.
A: He will not be slack with one who hates him. He will repay him to his face.
L: You shall therefore be careful to do the commandment and the statutes and the rules that I command you today.
A: And because you listen to these rules and keep and do them, the LORD your God will keep with you the covenant and the steadfast love that he swore to your fathers.
L: He will love you, bless you, and multiply you.
Individuals choose a request and pray aloud
- Praise God for his love to adopt us as his children in Christ.
- Confess that our affections for God have often grown cold.
- Thank God for his readiness to forgive our sins when we confess them.
- Pray that God would stir our affections for him anew.
- Pray for those absent from our gatherings to return to our outdoor and virtual gatherings.
- Pray for our church leaders as they determine when and how to reopen the building for worship services.
- Pray for our cross-cultural workers as they make plans to return to their fields of service.
- Pray for the ongoing effort to distribute the COVID vaccine in our community.
Leader concludes with a prayer for our hearts to humbly receive the reading and preaching of God’s Word
Leader asks someone to read aloud
Does God Love Us? (Pastor Jason Tarn) | Sermon Outline
Worship in Song
Jesus, Lover of My Soul | Song Lyrics
Guided Prayer (by John Bunyan, 1628-1688)
Leader (L): We have obtained grace to give ourselves to you, Lord, through your mercy, and to one another.
All (A): To have communion with one another, as saints in one gospel fellowship,
L: We agree and promise before God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ to walk together in this one gospel communion and fellowship as a church of Jesus Christ.
A: We also agree and promise, the Lord assisting, to follow after the things which make for peace, and things with which we may build each other up.
- L+A: So living and walking in love and peace, the God of love and peace may be with us. Amen.
Praise God from whom all blessings flow; Praise Him all creatures here below; Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts; Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen.
- English Congregational Prayer Meeting | Wednesday, April 14th | 7:30pm-8:30pm
While this pandemic continues, we’re going to hold a weekly English congregation prayer meeting via Zoom (hcc.lv/EnglishPrayerMeeting). We’ll also hold an optional Hangout with the Staff from 8:30-9:00pm.
- English Outdoor Service Registration | Sunday, April 18th | 9:15am – 10:30am
In-person worship service with will be held on Sunday, April 18th at 9:15 a.m. in the HCC parking lot. We will be opening up an OUTDOOR SEATING option for up to 100 attendees. Drive-in spaces will still be available for those who prefer to stay in the car. Registrations will be tracked on a first come first served basis starting each Sunday at 12:00pm. Please read the precautions and guidelines carefully and register here: hcc.lv/EnglishOutdoorService
General Membership Meeting | Sunday, April 18th at 12:30pm | Register NowA General Membership Meeting will be held on April 18, 2021 at 12:30pm, as a Zoom meeting when we will have an affirmation vote to approve the church vision. Please register to take part in the General Membership meeting using this link: Church Vision Vote Registration by Wednesday, April 14. A link to the meeting will be sent to those who register.
Bone Marrow Registry Drive for Lillian | HCC Parking Lot | Sunday, April 18th at 10AM – 1PMOn Sunday April 18th, HCC will be hosting a bone marrow drive in the parking lot after service. 7 years old Lillian who lives in Sugarland is facing her battle with Acute Myeloid Leukemia head on. She and her brother both have genetic predisposition to AML. Therefore, the best chance for a cure is to have a bone marrow transplant. The drive will take place between 10 AM to 1 PM. This will be a drive-thru contactless marrow donor registry event where you will take a swab of the inside of your cheek and return the swab to our staff. Participants must be between the ages of 18 -44. Please contact Michael Ong (email@example.com) and Miannen Sun (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information.
- Faith Path: Prepare to Lead | Sunday, April 18th at 8:30pm – 9:30pm | Zoom: Faith Path
Our greatest hope for our children is for them to have a vibrant, authentic relationship with our Lord and Savior. Let’s equip ourselves to facilitate our children in this journey. Join us on zoom for the fourth installment of the Faith Path series “Prepare to Lead Your Child to Christ” via Zoom: Faith Path
- FBCC Mental Health Weekend | Fri, April 16th – Sun, April 18th
Fort Bend Community Church is hosting a mental health conference for families, adults, and teens. There will be sessions in Mandarin, Cantonese, and English. Guest speakers Caroline Kwok and Kay Warren will be speaking on topics of spiritual growth during the pandemic, OCD, bipolar, pandemic-related stress, and forum on anti-asian violence. This conference will be held in person and via zoom. For more information click here.
- Save the Date : Emotional Health For Adolescents and Young Adults | Friday, April 30 at 7:30pm – 9:30pm (English) | Saturday, May 1 at 9:00am – 11:00am (Chinese)
Depressed. Anxious. Suffocated. Withdrawn. Lonely. Isolated. Does this describe you or someone you know? These feelings have surely been heightened during the pandemic. How do we respond to such challenges, and how will the eternal gospel of Jesus Christ equip believers to do good for those who are experiencing these health issues? Dr. Philip Siu, MD will address these and other issues in a special Family Life Conference. If you plan to attend, please fill out the following survey so we can better speak to our congregations needs: pre-conference survey
- Global 6K Run for Water | Saturday, May 22nd
On May 22, 2021, HCC will be participating in the World Vision’s Global 6K for Water, which unites people around the world to walk/run on the same day for the same cause. When you register for the Global 6K for Water, your registration fee provides lasting clean water to one child in the developing world. Will you join us on May 22 to help end the water crisis? Register before April 12th and use the code “CLEANWATER”, you save $15 off of the registration fee. Please contact Michael Ong (email@example.com) for any questions. Register using this link to join the HCC team. We encourage everyone from all ages to join in the walk even if you are unable to pay the entire registration amount. Looking forward to walking with you all for this great cause!
Join us as we celebrate the baptisms of Patrick Bi, Sharon Xie, Jamie Lu, Raymond Zou, Cory Pan, Zoe Yang, Joy Xia, Monica Lu, Rachel Wang, and Eric Nalley. These individuals will be baptized during upcoming English Outdoor Services.
- Global Outreach Spotlight for April
HCC supports several long term missionaries in their work to spread the Good News. Join us in praying for this month’s missionary spotlight.
- Part Time Admin Position Available
- HCC Weekly Financial Records & Online Giving Updates
We want to provide access to the weekly financial records that are normally found in our church bulletins. We are thankful to God for your continued faithful giving, even during this season of hardship. For more information on how to give online and special alerts, please see and HCC Online Giving Page.
- New or Visiting HCC?
If you are a newcomer or visitor of our Home Worship Guide we would love to connect you with our church community! Take a moment to fill out our Visitor Welcome Form and we will contact you.
Subscribe here to receive weekly newsletters with announcements, opportunities, and updates.
Kids Church Online For Children
For Families with Children (3 years old to 5th Grade), HCC Children’s Ministry is providing a KidsChurch Online weekly lesson for your children. This will take the place of our weekly Kids Church or Sunday School.
Mr Frank’s suggestion is to plan your Sunday morning to hold Kids Church Online either before or after your Home Worship Time. If you plan to hold Home Worship at 9:15am as suggested, then have Kids Church Online before or after your home worship. You can allow your children to participate in Kids Church Online by themselves or join your kids. Another option is to use Kids Church Online for your kids during the sermon message portion of Home Worship.
Mr. Frank will be available online through Zoom at Kids Church Online MeetUp to say hello and answer questions. He will be online at either 10:30-11:00am and 12:15-12:45pm each Sunday if your kids want to say hello and tell me what they think of each Sunday’s lesson. The link to the Zoom meeting will be posted after each week’s Kids Church Online.
Missed a Sunday? Access a previous worship guide in our archive page.