This guide aims to equip families, couples, and singles to conduct home worship on the Lord’s Day. Home worship cannot replace the God-ordained purpose and power of corporate worship as the church, but during this time of crisis, we hope it will be used by God to encourage believers and equip husband, fathers, and spiritual heads to lead their family in worship.
Who should participate in home worship?
We encourage families with children of all ages to participate. We recommend conducting home worship on Sundays at 10:30am (~1 hour). It is advisable for all family members to still wake up at a reasonable hour, change out of their pajamas, eat breakfast, and then gather in the living room.
For singles, we encourage you to connect with a small group of friends over a video-conferencing platform and conduct home worship together. Due to the Stay at Home order in place, please refrain, for the time being, from visiting each other’s homes to conduct home worship.
Who should lead home worship?
In accordance with the pattern set in Scripture, we encourage believing husbands/fathers to lead their families in home worship. In instances where there is not a father in the home or the father is not a Christian, the mother will need to assume this role. Among smaller non-family gatherings, the group can assign the task to conduct the home worship to any believing member. If you are not in a group, the following guide can still be utilized for personal devotion.
What resources are available to help children join home worship?
Here are resources to help your children follow along with the sermon message:
- Worship with Parents Notes generic notes page for kids to use when joining parents during Worship at Home.
- Sermon Notes on Minister Henry’s Message on Micah 09/27 with Fill in the Blanks, provided by Aaron Becker
Which language should we use to conduct home worship?
Each family should decide which language is most suitable for all family members. Mandarin and Cantonese worship guides are available.
How can I give during this temporary suspension of services?
Offerings and donations can be given online through HCC’s PayPal Giving Fund. We encourage members to stay the course of faithful generosity to the Lord and the ministry of his church.
Sunday, September 27th, 2020 | 10:30am
Special Word to Members (Pastor Jason)
Call to Worship
1 John 3:1-2
Leader invites someone to read aloud
Leader then prays for God to prepare everyone’s heart for worship
Worship in Song
Living Hope | Song Sheet
Confession of Sin
- Leader (L): Knowing that we are all sinners saved by grace and that we regularly sin in thought, word, and deed, let us confess our sins together.
- L+All: Heavenly Father, you have loved us with an everlasting love, but we have gone our own way and rejected your will for our lives. We are sorry for our sins and turn away from them. For the sake of your Son who died for us, forgive us, cleanse us, and change us. By your Holy Spirit, enable us to live for you, and to please you in every way, for the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
Assurance of Pardon
[Leader invites one person to read aloud]
Worship in Song
Before the Throne of God Above | Song Sheet
Responsive Reading (Hebrews 12:18-24)
Leader (L): For you have not come to what may be touched,
All (A): A blazing fire and darkness and gloom and a tempest
L: And the sound of a trumpet and a voice
- A: Whose words made the hearers beg that no further messages be spoken to them.
L: For they could not endure the order that was given,
A: “If even a beast touches the mountain, it shall be stoned.”
L: Indeed, so terrifying was the sight that Moses said,
A: “I tremble with fear.”
L: But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God,
A: The heavenly Jerusalem, and to the innumerable angels in festal gathering,
L: And to the assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven,
A: And to God, the judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect.
L: And to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant,
A: And to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.
Individuals choose a request and pray aloud
- Praise God for reconciling sinners to himself through the death and resurrection of Christ.
- Confess that our selfish desires often lead us into conflict with others.
- Pray that we can be peacemakers, advancing unity through the ministry of reconciliation.
- Pray for nations to resolve their conflicts through diplomacy instead of might.
- Pray for the church to model gospel-centered reconciliation as sociopolitical tensions continue in our country.
- Pray for those who are unemployed due to the pandemic to find new jobs and to patiently wait for God’s provision.
- Pray for our church leaders to think of creative methods to safely gather even as the pandemic continues.
Leader concludes with a prayer for our hearts to humbly receive the reading and preaching of God’s Word
Leader asks someone to read aloud
A Promise of Peace (Minister Henry) | Sermon Outline
Worship in Song
I Will Wait For You | Song Sheet
Guided Prayer (by Robert Parker, 1564-1614)
- Leader (L): Show me how to love the Word, that my bold love for you would increase.
- All (A): Remind me that the fashions of the world pass away, and their momentary glory will vanish into emptiness and nothing.
- L: Draw my heart to you and set my mind on things that will last forever.
- A: Help me love you fiercely, and cleave to you with a perfect heart. May nothing here satisfy my soul.
- L+A: Protect us through the rest of this day, that we may fall into no temptation, and no danger of soul or body, for the sake of Jesus Christ our blessed Redeemer. Amen.
Praise God from whom all blessings flow; Praise Him all creatures here below; Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts; Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen.
- HCC Newsletter
Subscribe here to receive weekly newsletters with announcements, opportunities, and updates. If you are a member of HCC you are already receiving these newsletters, check your email for all the updates!
- Meet & Greet Deacon and Elder Nominees | TODAY – Sun, September 27th | 6:00-7:00pm
Join the community in getting to know the Deacon and Elder nominees for 2021-2022. This Meet & Greet event will be held virtually (hcc.lv/MeetGreet) on Sunday, September 27th from 6:00 to 7:00pm.
- English Congregation Prayer Meeting | Wed, September 30rd | 7:30-8:30pm
Each Wednesday from 7:30-8:30pm, we will gather on Zoom to pray (hcc.lv/EnglishPrayerMeeting). We also hold an optional Hangout with the Staff from 8:30-9:00pm.
- Project 1024 Sign-Up | Thurs, October 1st
WARM (Welcoming and Receiving Ministry) team wants to connect you with other members or guests of our church to establish and/or deepen relationships within the English congregation. The goal is to stir up one another to love and good works; to not neglect to meet together; and to encourage one another while we are physically separated. This will be a monthly recurring event, and the deadline to sign up is October 1st. For more details and to sign-up, please click here.
- Online Women’s Ministry Fall Event: Blessed to Be a Blessing | Sat, October 3rd | 1:30-3:30 PM
During these present uncertain and tumultuous times, it can be a challenge to remember the ways that God blesses us. It can be an even greater challenge to see how we can be a blessing to others. Join us for the Online Women’s Ministry Fall Event, “Blessed to be a Blessing,” as a sister shares and encourages us to recognize God’s purposes in blessing His children. Please email email@example.com for more information.
- General Membership Meeting | Sun, October 4th | After Congregational Home Worship
A General Membership Meeting will be conducted virtually on Sun, October 4th. More information about the nominees, including a bio and photo, will be sent by Sept 20th and a meet and greet will be held on Sept 27th. As required by the HCC Constitution, we need more than 50% of active membership to meet a quorum. Registration for the General Membership Meeting is required in order to determine a quorum. Please register at hcc.lv/GMMRegistration by Sun, September 27th and a link to the Zoom meeting will be provided.
- Relief Efforts for Beirut
Two catastrophic explosions at the Port of Beirut on August 4, 2020 have left as many as 500,000 people in urgent need of food, clothing and accommodation. Local churches in Lebanon are assisting with relief efforts but their power is limited by the economy and pandemic. Our goal for HCC is to help 100 people with 2 hot daily meals ($3/meal) for a week ($42/person). To contribute via card or bank, please visit ananiashouse.org and click on “Give” at the top right of the page. Be sure to include “HCC Lebanon Relief” in the Gift Designation/Notes field.
- 2020-21 Awana Online Registration
AWANA registration is now live at tinyurl.com/hcckids2020-21. Registration is not considered complete without online payment of the $95 registration fee. Note: Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, HCC Awana will meet online until further notice.
- Job Opportunities Update
We are still in the search for a full-time Church Administrator and part-time Facility Supervisor. Please pray for the search process and feel free to pass along the job profile to prospective candidates.
PayPal Giving Fund 4th Quarter Bonus updateIf you give online via the PayPal Giving Fund, please click here to see if this 4th Quarter Bonus applies to you.
- HCC Weekly Financial Records
We want to provide access to the weekly financial records that are normally found in our church bulletins. We are thankful to God for your continued faithful giving, even during this season of hardship.
- Home Worship Post-Service Survey
Kids Church Online For Children
For Families with Children (3 years old to 5th Grade), HCC Children’s Ministry is providing a KidsChurch Online weekly lesson for your children. This will take the place of our weekly Kids Church or Sunday School.
Mr Frank’s suggestion is to plan your Sunday morning to hold Kids Church Online either before or after your Home Worship Time. If you plan to hold Home Worship at 10:30am as suggested, then have Kids Church Online run at 9:45-10:15am or from 11:40-12:10pm. You can allow your children to participate in Kids Church Online by themselves or join your kids.
Mr. Frank will be available online through Zoom at Kids Church Online MeetUp to say hello and answer questions. He will be online through Zoom at either 10:15-10:30am and 12:00-12:30pm each Sunday if your kids want to say hello and tell me what they think of each Sunday’s lesson. The link to the Zoom meeting will be posted after each week’s Kids Church Online.
Missed a Sunday? Access a previous worship guide in our archive page.
- HCC Newsletter