While this global pandemic continues, the English congregation will hold a weekly prayer meeting via Zoom. Each Wednesday evening for 15 minutes from 7:30-7:45pm, the English will join with the Chinese congregations for a pastor-led update and prayer time (hcc.lv/JointPrayer). Then from 7:45-8:30pm, the English congregation will conduct a separate Zoom prayer meeting (hcc.lv/EnglishPrayerMeeting). There will also be an optional “Hangout with the English Staff” from 8:30-9:00pm.
In our online prayer meetings, we’ll provide an opportunity for members to share immediate prayer needs for either themselves or someone else. Please submit the request through this Prayer Needs Form. There is also an option to submit questions for the English staff to answer during the optional hangout time.
Joint Prayer Meeting: Wednesday, May 27th, 2020
Praising God for Who He is
- For His truthfulness – meaning that we can trust His words.
- For how He provides all things necessary to sustain life.
- For His infinitude – meaning that space and time cannot define Him.
- For His love that was so great that He would not spare his own Son to save sinners.
Confessing to God for Falling Short
- For thinking of ourselves more highly than we should.
- For pursuing self-sufficiency rather than godly dependence.
- For failing to slow down and enjoy the blessings you have given us.
- For living according to the folly of man rather than the wisdom of God.
- For our lack of empathy when others undergo trials.
Thanking God for What He Has Done
- For how He provides for our physical and spiritual needs.
- For how He has provided the Bible to remind us of His promises.
- For how He sanctifies us by the power of His Spirit to resemble Jesus Christ.
- For how He tests us to deepen our love and trust in Him.
Interceding to God on behalf of others
- Pray that His people would have enough so that they would continue to trust in God.
- Pray that His people would slow down and enjoy the blessings of God.
- Pray that His people would desire to know God more.
- Pray that His people would experience contentment and pursue integrity.
- Pray that families would find creative ways to make this summer memorable.
- Pray for those who have lost their jobs – for their peace of mind and their pursuit of gainful employment.
- Pray that God would give our government leaders wisdom in how to reopen our country.
- Pray that God would provide enough test kits to determine the spread of the virus and a vaccine to limit the spread.
- Pray for the safety of those who have returned to work.