Want to join our team? We are currently looking to hire a qualified staff member for the following positions:
Female Youth Director
Post date: January 18, 2017
Status: Part Time
Please email us for more info.
Purpose: Houston Chinese Church is looking for a woman of God who has a heart to work closely with the youth, specifically with the teenage girls. HCC has a thriving youth ministry of 80-90 students, and 25 youth leaders. The minister will partner with families to equip them for training, as well as helping female youth workers by supporting them and giving them resources to succeed.
Commitment: 20-25 hours per week
Relationship: Accountable to Executive Pastor and under the leadership of the Youth Minister
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited College or Seminary, background in Education, Counseling, Bible Study or Youth Ministry (Seminary graduates preferred)
Experience: Prefer 2 or more years of youth ministry experience in North America
Convictions: Wholeheartedly affirms HCC's Articles of Faith, Constitution, Mission, and Core Values
Language: English fluent, knowledge of Mandarin and Cantonese a plus
- Committed to gospel-centered ministry
- Committed to disciple making
- Effective in teaching and leading youth
- Effective in counseling
- Able to generate creative ideas for the youth program
- Works well in teams
- Able to equip the co-workers with resources, especially related to helping teen girls
- Able to partner and provide parents with support
- Able to connect with the youth in an empathetic manner
- Sensitive to ministry in an Asian American context
This person will work with the HCC Youth Team and Youth Minister in the planning and implementation of various ministries and activities within the youth congregation and the church at large.
- Equipping Coworkers
- Assist in training and equipping youth leaders
- Meet with female coworkers on a monthly basis
- Attend and promote conferences related to youth ministry
- Parent Relations
- Find tools and resources for parents to help them disciple youth
- Communicate and foster healthy relationships among parents of youth
- Assist in discipleship in the youth ministry
- Assist in implementing curriculum for specific needs in the youth ministry
- Assisting in teaching and planning Friday Night Youth programs/Sunday School programs
- Assist and aid in Retreats and in Summer Camp for Middle and High School
- Initiate programs related to her gifts/skills
Post date: September 11, 2016
Status: Part Time
Please email us for more info.
Purpose: Houston Chinese Church (HCC) is looking for nursery caregivers to lovingly care for babies and toddlers. Beginning in 1975, HCC now has English, Mandarin, and Cantonese-speaking congregations, with Sunday attendance around 1000, and total children’s attendance of approximately 150 kids (~40 of which are nursery-age). At HCC, we aim to provide quality care and supervision of children in a secure, nurturing environment where each child will see, hear, and feel the love of Jesus Christ and parents can feel confident their child will receive great care and teaching.
Responsibilities & Duties: At all times, two adults will be present in the nursery classrooms to provide nurture and care. The Nursery Caregivers will set-up the childcare space prior to the children’s arrival, welcome children and parents, pay attention to any specific concerns or needs the parent shares, and provide structure for playtime, snacks, & rest (as needed). This may include learning the names of the children and parents, reading books, singing songs, playing games, and assisting children with hand-washing & eating snacks, changing diapers, holding, rocking, and supporting the safety of the classroom through behavior management. It is the Nursery Caregiver’s responsibility to be sure that all children are cared for in an appropriate manner.
Time Required: Nursery Caregivers will be scheduled for weekly events (Friday 7:00pm-9:00pm and/or Sunday 9:15am-12:15pm) and on an as-needed basis. All Nursery Caregivers are part-time. Caregivers are expected to be present approximately 30 minutes before the scheduled event and should stay until all the children in their care have been picked up by their parents and the classroom is cleaned up.
Skills needed/to be developed: A love of children, behavior management skills, and the gifts of hospitality, patience, kindness, and joy. Caregivers should also desire to provide care to the children and should consider the children in their care their number one priority while working. Some experience with parenting, childcare, and/or teaching infants/toddlers is necessary. Fluent in English is required and fluent in Chinese is a plus!
Training Required: According to Policies, HCC will conduct a criminal background check on all staff and volunteers working with children. Staff must also complete an orientation/training session once a year and additional continuing education in-services, as needed and/or as requested by the Children’s Ministry Team.
To apply, please contact Bin Zhu, our Nursery Coordinator.