The PayPal Giving Fund (PPGF) enables you to make your offerings with a credit card – but note the following instructions:
- You must have, or sign up for, a personal PayPal account to make the donation to PPGF for HCC’s benefit
- PPGF does not allow you to designate your donation because there is no “memo line” feature, so all PPGF donations to HCC will default to the General Fund with the following exceptions:
- If you are fulfilling a new Pearland “Gift Match” Pledge, please use “21” for the cents amount – for example, “$1000.21“
- If you are fulfilling your 2019-2020 Pearland Pledge, please use “20” for the cents amount – for example, “$500.20
- If you do not have a Pearland Pledge, or have fulfilled your pledge, and still wish to make a donation to the Pearland Building Fund, use “19” in the cents amount – for example, “$250.19“
- If you wish to contribute to the new COVID-19 Relief Fund for benevolent financial assistance to HCC members and regular attendees suffering economic hardship during this pandemic time, please use “02” in the cents amount – for example, “$200.02“
- Your receipt for tax deduction purposes will come immediately via email from PPGF, and not HCC. Be sure to retain these emails because there will be no consolidated year-end report from PPGF nor any website where you can download copies of past emailed receipts. (FYI, the effective tax date of your donation is when you make the donation to PPGF, even though HCC may not actually receive your donation from PPGF for up to 6 weeks)
When donating through the PPGF, there are no fees to either you or to HCC for using a credit card to fund your donation. That means 100% of your donation will go to HCC.
If you would like to make an offering donation to HCC via the PPGF, click here. Leave the Name and Email address box checked if you want us to also show your donations on your Annual HCC Offering Record to be emailed late next January.
Pearland Fundraising Opportunity – shopwithscrip.com
We need your support to reach our goal for the Pearland Building! Shopwithscrip is a quick and easy way to shop online and fundraise. All rebates will go toward funding the Pearland Building. Here is how you help: go to the website, select “Join a Program”, put in the code 7L624B1C4L252. Then set up your account and purchase physical or eGiftcards for over 250 places!
Be Alert for Email Phishing Scams
During this pandemic shutdown, we have noticed more than the usual phishing email scams. One that has become rather frequent in the last few weeks has emails purporting to be from PayPal, using email return addresses like “c͏u͏s͏t͏o͏m͏e͏͏͏͏r@͏i͏n͏t͏I͏͏͏.͏͏͏͏p͏a͏y͏p͏͏͏͏a͏͏͏͏I.͏c͏o͏m” or similar. However, if you look very closely, that is not the real sending email address but just a fake one to help legitimize the email for those who may just glance at this part.
The body of the email may read “Your PayPal account has been limited” and instruct you to click on a button to “Log in to your PayPal account.” Do not click on any buttons in these emails – they may compromise your laptop or PC.
These “PayPal” emails you may receive are almost assuredly all fake, but if you are at all concerned about your account, go to www.paypal.com yourself, log into your account, and click on the “Contact Us” at the very bottom of the page to communicate with PayPal’s actual Customer Service dept.
PayPal Giving Fund 4th Quarter Bonus update
If you have a Chase Freedom or Freedom Flex credit card, log in to your account and activate the 4th Quarter 5% rebate special on up to $1500 in purchases made through PayPal from Oct 1st to Dec 31st. While there, link your Chase card to your PayPal account and use it to charge your PayPal Giving Fund offerings or pledge fulfillments. (You might even consider gifting this extra 5% bonus later to our Pearland Building Fund.)
Note that not every Chase-branded credit card participates in this quarterly bonus program. For those that do, they may not update your rebate rewards amount immediately after each eligible charge, but you should see the accumulated rebate total after your monthly credit card statement cycle ends. Click here for more FAQs on this rebates program.
Any questions? Contact: email@example.com.