Serving at HCC
English Buddy Program
English Buddy is an outreach ministry of HCC. We seek to share God’s love and gospel message with internationals by being English conversation partners.
- The primary way we outreach is by building relationships with the internationals through hanging out over meals/coffee/sports, emailing, being an American resource for them if have any questions about the US or Houston.
- Secondarily, we have two main events a year – Christmas Party and Easter Picnic. Many times, the internationals only come if they already know someone at the party, so it’s nice if they already have a relationship with you.
In summary, you only need two things to be in English Buddy:
- You can speak English, and
- You are willing to step out of your comfort zone and share God and your life with an unchurched international.
In the process, you might even make a a few new friends! For more information contact email@example.com.
Sign-up with English Buddy!
We would love to have you join us! You could be involved in 2 ways:
- Partnering up with a conversation partner
- Attending our socials (2 per semesters)
Please fill out our English Buddy online form! Remember that when
you sign up with English Buddy, you are committing to a semester
(Fall or Spring).
If you would like to be notified when we have our socials, please fill out our online form.
Got questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!